Goal setting isn’t easy. Setting a goal is easy. What is goal setting? It’s not just picking a goal.
Goal setting is about picking
- The right goal
- How big is this goal? Is it going to be 3 steps over a few days, or a hundred step over months or years?
- What category should you set your goal in? Should it be in art, math, relationships, etc?
- How likely are you going to be able to succeed at this goal? 1%? 90%?
- For you
- Why did you decide to set this goal? Is it because parents/society? Is it because you want to achieve it? is it because you want to get something after you achieve it?
- At that time.
- Why now? Why not take a different goal for now and do this goal later?
- How does this goal fit into your current life plans and strategy?
Other good questions to ask about your goal are:
- What is the follow up goal after you finish this goal? What does achieving this goal lead into next?
- What is your Goal Plan? (Next post = goal planning!) How do you specifically in detail plan to achieve your goal?
This post is part of AttemptedLiving’s Life Education Curriculum, a collection of core knowledge everyone should have.