We use Brody Steven’s recent suicide on 2/22/19 as an opportunity to discuss what causes suicide using his tragedy as an example.
My condolences to him and his family during this difficult time.
I hope we can prevent future suicide with the knowledge gained from this video
List of signals you should look for in others to prevent suicide:
- Career Difficulties
- Significantly less successful than peers
- Anger towards people who prevent their success. Anger towards people who are judgmental towards them (an inability to let it go and move on).
- Financial Problems
- Lack of Opportunities
- Attitude: Disrespectful, Unfocused
- They say “I could use some therapy”
- They report reasons to have difficulty sleeping.
Depression shouldn’t have a stigma attached to it! It’s as normal as having a broken knee. Many people’s depression are justified by their life circumstances (lose job, divorce, etc.) and in fact if they aren’t depressed it’s actually a sign of denial of their life falling apart.
Be more accepting of people going through difficulties! Medication is a final/last resort.
Better is to help someone work on their life to rebuild it to a better place!
See how I think my way out of a negative life perspective. I found myself feeling overwhelmed by how abusive I was perceiving the world around me and I decided to document my attempted to find a way out.
In this video, I
- Explore 3 Articles to come up with a definition of abusive relationships in the form of a list of descriptions for abusive relationships
- List out all the major categories I have relationships with and determine whether my relationship with them are abusive or not.