To successfully Communicate and Persuade and Be Heard, follow these steps from Ellen’s skillful example:
1. Let them speak their mind
2. Acknowledge what they say, Agree and Support them to make it a safe place for them to open up and trust you and express themselves honestly to you.
3. Compliment the other person to get them to like listening to you and get them to open up their ears to hear what you have to say next.
4. Deliver your logical argument or say what you wanted to say to them.
5. Give them space to think about it and then let the respond honestly to you.
6. Address the comments while reassuring that you still acknowledge and support them and you have good intentions, explicitly. Explicitly do all of those things.
7. Yay happiness, they heard you.
Here are the Ellen Clips