We use Brody Steven’s recent suicide on 2/22/19 as an opportunity to discuss what causes suicide using his tragedy as an example.
My condolences to him and his family during this difficult time.
I hope we can prevent future suicide with the knowledge gained from this video
List of signals you should look for in others to prevent suicide:
- Career Difficulties
- Significantly less successful than peers
- Anger towards people who prevent their success. Anger towards people who are judgmental towards them (an inability to let it go and move on).
- Financial Problems
- Lack of Opportunities
- Attitude: Disrespectful, Unfocused
- They say “I could use some therapy”
- They report reasons to have difficulty sleeping.